http://theimportanceofbeingchurlish.blogspot.com/googlee16f6987cc65797d.html
Google
The importance of being churlish

Monday, September 25, 2006

Alfred the great.

Regular visitors will be aware that I lead a varied and exotic lifestyle that brings me into regular contact with many wonderful beings and a myriad of violent situations. Imagine then how strange it was for me to spend last Saturday in an everyday, normal and totally uneventful way just enjoying some time out with an old friend.

When I met up with Alfred he was sat enjoying the sun, being as it was a beautifully hot and sunny day we soon decided on a refreshing dip to cool us down and we larked about splashing each other and diving under water. Famished after our exertions we soon conjured up an impromptu picnic in the park before heading into town to catch a flick at the megaplex.The film was in 3D and I must say Alfred looked rather ridiculous in his coloured cardboard specs though I suppose it was the same for all of us. In the evening we hit the town and all eyes were fixed upon us as we strutted our funky stuff in the discotheque showing all the bright young things how well we shake our booty.

A short taxi ride back to Alfreds heralded the end of a wonderful day, although we came back alone we could have had our pick of the ladies as we were attracting admiring glances all day and night.

I said goodnight to Alfred and patted his soft feathery head as he looked up at me over the top of his bill with those watery black eyes he has. He quacked a goodnight in return and swam off to the opposite bank of the pond as I made myself comfy on the bench under a copy of my favourite newspaper The Guardian.
So there you have it many more mundane outings like that and I shall have nothing to write about.

I suppose there's always the meths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home